There has been a slew of games in recent years taking on space, and Aven Colony by Mothership Entertainment is the latest to join that craze. Announced August 25th, with early alpha access opening up September 7th for $24.99 on Steam, Aven Colony looks like it could prove to be an interesting game.
Upon first glance, Aven Colony looks like a Sim’s City in space; kinda. From what we can tell, Aven Colony is all about playing the part of the first space explorers from Earth to make a settlement on a planet not of our own.
With the information provided in the press release below, it seems you will be doing everything from building infrastructures, to keeping your people happy by building malls and giving them jobs. There is even an alien race (or infection, according to the PR) called “The Creep” that can actually destroy your colony over time, unless you properly protect yourself. We hope? We won’t know fully until we dive into the game, which will happen next week! We were able to get our hands on an advance copy of Aven Colony, and plan to do some live streaming of it in the next week or two leading up to the official release. Speaking of that, if this game really tickles your fancy, you’ll be able to get your hands on it on September 7th via https://itch.io/ for $24.99. Pricing for the official announcement is yet to be set, but with the alpha being $25, you can likely expect the full release to be around $40-50.
Well, that’s Aven Colony folks. What are your thoughts on this new journey into the outer realms of darkness? Will you be picking up the alpha?
August 25, 2016 – Welcome to Aven Prime, citizen. The next winter cycle is set to begin shortly and will last approximately 56 earth hours. Please be aware that rationing will be in effect, and exposure to outside temperatures will result in immediate tissue damage. The current status of alien creep infection is 5% and decreasing. Be well, citizen.
From Mothership Entertainment, Aven Colony is a city-building and management sim that tells the story of humanity’s first settlement of an extrasolar world. Land on exotic Aven Prime, where you must construct and maintain the infrastructure and ensure the well-being of your citizens, all while dealing with the often harsh realities of an exotic alien world.
On top of this, you’ll face the greatest challenge of all — keeping your people happy. How will you feed your people? Will you be able to provide them with enough jobs, entertainment, retail outlets, and other services while protecting them from the planet’s many dangers? What social policies will you enact to influence your people? The future of the colony rests on your decisions.
Main Gameplay Features
– A rich simulation of an extraterrestrial colony, with resource gathering and management, technological research, food cultivation and manufacturing, trade, morale, social policies, and more.
– Dozens of different buildings with unique functions and impacts.
– A fully functional day/night cycle tied into Aven Prime’s seasons.
– The world of Aven Prime fights back against human colonization with The Creep, an alien infection that can destroy your colony over time.
– Environmental challenges including lightning storms, dust devils, giant sandworms, plague spores, deadly toxic gas emissions from geothermal vents, and shard storms.
– Acquire alien artifacts and use their powers while learning the story of the civilization that once inhabited Aven Prime.
Aven Colony is coming to PC in 2017. To stay up-to-date follow @MothershipTeam on Twitter or Facebook.